Last updated: March 27th, 2020
With respect to your personal and business information, you have the right to:
- know why an organization collects, uses or discloses your information;
- expect an organization to handle your information reasonably and to not use it for any other purpose other than the one to which you consented;
- expect an organization to protect your information from unauthorized disclosure;
- inspect the information an organization holds about you and make sure it is accurate, complete and current;
- expect an organization to destroy your information when requested and when no longer required for the intended purpose;
- confidentially complain to an organization about how it handles your information;
- and file a complaint about an organization’s personal information privacy practices with the applicable privacy authority of your province, state, or country (or EU Member State).
- When We Collect Information About you: We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you visit our website, and when you use our Virtual Private Concert software application.
- Types of Personal Information We Collect:
We collect only minimum necessary Personal Information from you to fulfill
If you are an Artist, we collect the following Personal information about you:
- Information about your skills and experience communicated through your profile on Virtual Private Concert (including your art type, genre, description, audio, video, photographs, sample performances, sample work, and links to social media);
- Contact information provided when seeking technical support;
- Information about you when you visit and interact with our website and software application, which may include the links you click on, the file attachments you download, and frequently used search terms; and device information including your connection type and settings, information about your operating system, browser type, IP address, and URLs of referring/exit pages.
If you are a Host, we collect information about you that allows us to better provide our Services to you, and to help Artists plan for their performances.
- How We Use Your Information:
Our primary goals in collecting Personal Information are to provide and
improve our Services, to administer your use of the Services, and to
enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our Services. We use and disclose
some information about you in order to:
- Facilitate the booking procedure for Artists to book and plan for performances;
- Allow Hosts to search for and attract the right type of Artists;
- Communicate with you in a timely and efficient manner (e.g., responds to help requests);
- Provide requested information pertaining to our Virtual Private Concert application (e.g., demo requests, marketing communications, sales communication);
- Improve and enhance the functionality of the Virtual Private Concert software application; and
- Act as required or authorized by law. We do not collect, share and use your Personal Information or other information about you for personalization of ads.
- Links to Other Sites: Our Website may contain links to other sites, including payment platforms such as Stripe and PayPal. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our Users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
- General Data Protection Regulation:
This section applies only to the extent that “Personal Data” (as defined
by Regulation (EU) 2016/679, also known as the General Data Protection
Regulation (“GDPR”)) is transferred from either you or us to the other
party when we provide our Virtual Private Concert software application to you. Personal
Data from the European Union can only be collected and transferred in
accordance with applicable data protection laws, which currently require
parties outside of jurisdictions deemed adequate by the EU to (i) enter
into the EU standard contractual clauses, OR (ii) process Personal Data in
a manner consistent with privacy principles designed by the U.S.
Department of Commerce and European Commission, available at
https://www.privacyshield.gov (“Privacy Principles”). We shall receive
Personal Data pertaining to Artists only through the Artists personally.
Accordingly, you and us, as applicable, each warrant and undertake that:
- We will provide the same level of protection as the Privacy Principles and will notify you if it makes a determination that it can no longer meet this obligation; and
- Upon notice, we will take reasonable and appropriate steps to stop processing such Personal Data and/or remediate any unauthorized use.
- Your Privacy Choices: All our employees and associates who are granted access to your Personal Information understand the need to keep this information protected and confidential. However, you may withdraw your consent at any time (subject to legal or contractual obligations and on providing us reasonable notice) by communicating to us in writing. Please be aware that withdrawing your consent may prevent us from providing you with requested Services. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to withdraw your consent.
- Disclaimer: We do our best to provide accurate information on our website. However, we do not assume any responsibility for accuracy. Content on our site is provided “as is” and we can change it at any time without notice. We disclaim all warranties, express or implied.
- Limitation of Liability: We are not liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of material on our website. This includes but is not limited to the loss of data or loss of profit, even if we were advised of the possibility of such damages.